I am thrilled that I managed to achieve all of my goals for 2011! Here's how I did...
1. Run over 350 miles. I actually managed over 440 miles this year :).
2. Do at least 6 fitness events. I did 14 'in-person' and 3 virtual events in 2011!
3. Complete a 15K or a Sprint Triathlon. I did a 15K, a Half Marathon and a Sprint Tri this year!
4. Finish a 5K race in under 30 mins. I PR'ed at 28:24 at the beginning of 2011 :)
To say that I'm stinking proud of myself is an understatement. I think my highlight of the year was the realization that I was only a half a mile from the Half Marathon line in November and wondering what else (in running and in general life) I am capable of. Such an amazing feeling...
Anyway, here are my goals for 2012...drumroll please...
1. Run over 450 miles
2. Do at least 12 events, including one that is not solely running
3. Complete two Half Marathons (yikes!)
4. PR at two different distances
My fitness level has already suffered from too much Christmas season indulgence so I'm really going to need to step it up. Nutrition is going to be critical too if I'm going to feel my best. And it's time for those new Newtons I've been hankering after - I know I deserve them ;). Happy New Year!!!