- I nearly always have shin splints after running on concrete and need at least 2, more like 3, days of rest afterwards.
- Stability shoes and/or running barefoot doesn't seem to make any difference.
- Landing on the fronts of my feet seems to help a little.
- You can't just ignore shin splints and run anyway - it makes them worse.
- Rest works wonders but you lose confidence, time and aerobic capabities.
- I haven't tried ice yet because it sounds like it wouldn't work.
I had a fantastic run in the end - 5K in 33:33 and I felt like a rockstar! I even iced my shins when I got back to Tampa. At this point I'll try anything because when it goes well, running is just the best feeling ever:).