Sunday, June 13, 2010

Should I try a tri?

The running has been progressing fairly slowly and steadily lately but I have have found myself thinking about setting a new goal...maybe a mini "sprint-triathlon"? I'm not sure if it's the heat or what since I swim like a stone and fell into a bush the last time I rode a bicycle. Anyway, it's an interesting idea. Not sure if there's a "standard" sprint-tri but the one that I saw in Fort-de-Soto in August is 0.25 mile swim, 15 mile bike ride and a 5K to finish. Of course I won't be ready by then ("not with that attitude Clare") but I think I'll start out by attempting a bike ride to see how I like it. Now I think I have a bike gathering dust in the garage but I think I'll look more like this...

...than this...

OK - that's Pamela Anderson but you get the point. I'm not even sure if riding a bike requires a helmet by law or not in Florida? So I've found a bike shop nearby and my first objective is to stop in before the end of the week to do some research. Then I'll dig out my bike from behind the Christmas decs and have Mike show me the ropes. Wish me luck!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment