Sunday, November 13, 2011

Celebration Founders' Weekend 10K!



As part of the Founders' Weekend festivities in Celebration, they have an annual 10K race. Since I had a 6 mile run on the schedule anyway, I figured I'd sign up and try and run without any intervals to see how it went. They had a ton of entertainment for participants and the course was very pretty as it went through the different parts of the town. I really enjoyed the hot air balloons as we arrived, the bag pipe player who played us out (and back in again) and especially the neighbors who sat out cheering and waving as we went by. One of them played the theme tune for Rocky which really picked me up just as I was flagging! It was a really enjoyable run, I felt great throughout and finished with a PR of 1:05:09 which I was thrilled with!

No comments:

Post a Comment