Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rock 'n' Run 5K!

We haven't done a regular 5K since July and one of my favorite races - the Puzzle Run - was cancelled on Labor Day weekend :(. It was a bit of a hike out to Casselberry but this one looked like fun so Lu and I decided to do it! We have both been struggling a bit with keeping up the 'love of running' so our goal today was just to have a great time!

 
The bands were a bit serious for us but we had a great time anyway!

 
My time was 31:17 which was faster than the 911 race this time last year:). I haven't shown any improvement on pace through Summer so I was pleased to see that all of the hard work with my long runs is paying off now that the temperatures are a little cooler. I was also pleased that today was probably the first race that I didn't lose sleep or get nervous over! It's crazy that I still have such low confidence and it's taken almost 3 years to believe in myself that I can actually do this now! However, the Tower of Terror 10-Miler is coming up next on the schedule and for that race, I am genuinely terrified...

1 comment: