Sunday, September 23, 2018

Global Energy Race 5K

It's been such a long time since Mike and I did a race together!  We've been going to the gym pretty steadily since we settled into the new house so we thought it would be good to have a race date on the calendar to shoot for and signed up for the Global Energy (5K for me and 10K for Mike) Race about a month ago:). By race day we didn't feel 'ready' but decided to go anyway and do the best we could. It's a huge event in 23 different countries so there are plenty of walkers in the 5K category at least which made the whole thing a little less intimidating:)

Mike took off for his 10K about 10 minutes before I lined up. Once I was on my own I felt nervous but so inspired by the people around me and really proud of myself that I'd managed to make it to the starting line! I decided to run for at least the first mile and then do intervals after that until the end.


After a strong first mile, I did a lot of walking but still finished under 40 minutes which I was pretty happy with:). It was very hot and I know I'll get faster if I stick at it:).


Once I'd had some water I headed over to the finish line to cheer Mike in...


He came in at just over an hour! It was a really well organized event and amazing value for money. For just $10 registration we got hats, dry fit shirts, medals and running sleeves! There was music and food and a ton of support from race volunteers too! We really enjoyed it and felt great:)


Hopefully it will be a bit cooler next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment