Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shin Splints :(

I have been suffering so badly with shin splints again lately. I actually cried in pain after running just a mile in the gym at work this week. I'm desperately trying to figure out what is going wrong. The distances I am running are so much shorter than they were. I had managed to complete 3 5Ks all in under 30 minutes in one week in the gym and had been focused on building my sprinting abilities. Maybe I am just pushing too hard too soon? The only other thing I can think is that I have been wearing my stability shoes for the new Monday aerobics which requires a lot of ankle-twisting. I know that it really hurts while I'm in class. I'm going to have to rest them completely and switch to the elyptical for a while which I really hate:(

No comments:

Post a Comment