I'm running for Christchurch - and you can too!
Here are the details on this worldwide, virtual event! Click here!
As you may know, New Zealand’s second largest city, Christchurch, was devastated by a 6.3 earthquake at lunchtime on Tuesday, 22 February 2011. There have been at least 166 fatalities and days later many people are still missing.
New Zealanders from Christchurch and people around the world want to know how they can help, and the answer’s short. With money. But we all want to feel like we’re doing more than just typing our credit card numbers into a box and clicking submit. So we thought we’d go for a run. Wearing red and black, to show the people of Canterbury we love them. And we’d like you to join us for a virtual run. Wherever you are.
If you’d like to participate, just follow these easy steps:
* Donate to the Red Cross Canterbury Earthquake Fund for as little as $5 here at our fundraising page
* Follow us on twitter!* Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
* Tell the world you’re in. Share the love on Twitter, Facebook, your blog, whatever.
* On the 12th or 13th of March, put your red and black on, and hit the streets, or the pavements, or the trails, or wherever it is that you run.
* Send us a link to your race report, and we’ll post it on the website.
We’re hoping to get 100 runners, so please share this with everyone you know!
The Run for Christchurch Team