Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tampa Police Memorial 5K

Today was my anniversary race - it's now been two whole years now since my first 5K! I rode over with Catherine and she introduced me to some of her 'Run Tampa' friends when we arrived. I've never tried running with a group and they seem like a really nice bunch so I may try that soon.


I've done this race three times now with the adorable Emily :)


Darren was right when he said "all the cool people will be there" - but there's nothing like taking a photo with him to make you feel really short...


There was a good turnout as usual and we warmed up by taking silly pictures of ourselves at the start line...


Amber was nursing a nasty hangover but still managed to look fabulous and run like a demon!



Everybody loves it when they release the American flag at the top of the Police HQ Building during the National Anthem at the start of the race...


It was really nice to have some overcast weather as we ran down Bayshore...


I was aiming to beat last year's time of 31:16 so I was really thrilled with my time of 30:04! That's my second fastest to date! Increasing my weekly mileage is definately paying off. Good time, good run and good friends - what a perfect start to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment