Sunday, August 17, 2014

My new plan

The year is flying by and I have made little progress with my 2014 health goals:(. I've been wondering how to get back on track and whether or not these goals are even relevant to me any more? It feels so strange but I just haven't felt motivated to race lately and I'm not even sure if I ever want to get back to running at all. I have been dabbling with it the past few weeks on the treadmill for a couple of miles a couple of times a week but that is all. I don't have the confidence for an in-person 5K right now but I don't feel ready to throw in the towel yet either. I think I'll have a last 'push' and then decide if I want to continue with running or try something else completely. So here are my original goals and a new plan:):

1. Work out more often (3 times a week at least) - I'm doing much better here lately:). I am still walking regularly and even managed to hit the work gym for a run at lunchtime this week. Working a midday run in twice a week when my energy levels are goo will really help me fit in my activity more regularly.
2 14 in-person events in 2014 (one each month and a couple of extras). I think it's unlikely at this point that I'll get this done if they are all in-person :(. So rather than give up, I'm going to sign up for a virtual event so that I can still align with a good cause, have accountability to record my time, and share the experience with other runners, albeit electronically:).
3. Any three of the following: 10K, sprint tri, bike 25 miles. I need to get started here - Biking once a week shouldn't be that much to ask surely!
4. Either PR or complete a 5K in under 30 minutes during an event. I'm not even going to think about this one for now...let's see how I feel after a month.
5. Lose 15 lbs! So I am about 2 lbs down. Eating clean and staying active is the right way so I need to knuckle down and get it done!

2014 has been an amazing year so far with a fantastic new career start for me! I would love to end the year re-energized physically as well and there's still much of the year left. Rebuilding the habit will be tough but I know I will feel great and I have done it before so I know it's possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment