Thursday, April 14, 2011

Biking update

I haven't blogged about the bike at all lately so here's the latest and greatest on how it's going :). Overall, I am doing so much better since my difficult triathlon experience in January and have learned some key lessons that make the world of difference. First of all, a Gel Seat Cover is one of the finest inventions known to man (or woman). I got mine on ebay for $15 (with tags of course - I'm not about to sit on anything that's been that intimate with a complete stranger's crotch area)...


Unfortunately not everyone follows the same 'non-crotch-sharing' rule apparently and someone actually stole my wonder seat from my bike while I was having a swim in the gym last week :(. Now I'll have to order a new one...

I have also made some major progress with these sticks on the front of the bike which I am reliably told are the gears....


At the triathlon I was terrified of taking my hands off the handlebars to mess with them so I did the whole thing in the same gear:). I'm not quite sure about the one on the left yet but playing with the one on the right makes a massive difference to my riding experience. Baby steps...

Anyway, I'm managing to bike about twice a week at the moment anywhere from 8 to 12 miles and my times are improving steadily (OMG I love Mike's Garmin!). Here I am this morning first thing getting ready to go out for a spin and looking like a rockstar again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment