Friday, April 1, 2011

"My Run" and my run :)

I went to see My Run, the inspirational story of a man who did 75 marathons in 75 days to raise awareness of the plight of single parents, last night with Mandy and Catherine :).


It's an amazing story if you get the chance to see it and reinforced what I have been thinking about a lot lately - how running is as much a mental challenge as a physical one. Like Henry Ford said: "whether you think you can or you can't - then you're right." In the movie Terry Hitchcock's son says that supporting his father throughout the journey was the most important thing he's ever done. It's really made me wonder what the most important thing that I will ever do is...something to think about while I'm running...

Anyway, I was feeling all inspired today and went out for a 4-miler this morning. Just me, Usher, Lil' Wayne, and the Black Eyed Peas. I felt great. Like a rockstar. I said 'hi' to all of the other runners/walkers/bikers who were out on this beautiful Florida morning. Anyway, it wasn't until I got back that I realized that I had forgotton to take off my liquid liner from last night and I looked like a rockstar too...not exactly the one I was hoping for unfortunately...


Which just goes to show...it's not how you look but how you feel that really counts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment